Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pepsi Increases Dividend

Pepsi announced it has raised its dividend for the 40th straight year.  The quarterly dividend has been increased to $.5375 from $.515, which is 4.37% boost.  I'm disappointed that it's so low this year, but at least it's higher than inflation.  For a stock yielding around 3% I expect more, but I also realize high dividend growth will not be possible every single year.  I still think Pepsi is a world class company that will deliver solid dividends in the future.  The portfolio of brands they own is amazing, I consume a lot more Pepsi products than Coke products.

I know this dividend increase was announced a few months ago in an investor update, but I wanted to wait until the official release in case something changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment