I was very pleased with the performance of my portfolio this month. I added shares to 2 of my positions and enjoyed 3 solid dividend increases. I received a bonus installment from my enlistment; once again I have way too much cash. I plan to average in over time, but if I see opportunities I will jump on it.
I'm on orders to Korea and will report mid June. I'll be taking 2 weeks of leave in about a month, it's going to be awesome! 2 weeks without an alarm clock sounds nice, very nice indeed.
1) 19 shares Norfolk Southern (NSC) providing $35.72 annual income. NSC was purchased at $64.96/share + commission.
2) 20 shares Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) providing $45.60 annual income (the dividend has since increased). JNJ was purchased at $63.16/share + commission.
Dividends Received: $155.17
Coke (KO) - $19.89
H.J. Heinz (HNZ) - $11.52
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) - $10.44
Phillip Morris (PM) - $60.06
Exchange Income Corp (EIFZF) - $17.34
Realty Income Preferred Series F (O-PF) - $6.76
LTC Properties (LTC) - $29.16
1) PG: $.525 to $.562 per quarter. $11.54 annually
2) CVX: $.81 to $.90 per quarter. $10.44 annually
3) JNJ: $.57 to $.61 per quarter. $9.60 annually
4) BWP: $.53 to $.5325 per quarter. $1.71 annually
$6,010 in April. $1700 added to ROTH IRA, $4,310 added to taxable account. I received an installment of bonus money this month. Last year no taxes were withheld, this year it was. I hope my tax bill will be lower in 2013 because of this. I spent $78 on contacts, $138 on a hard drive, $57 on 2 pairs of shorts, and also replenished my emergency fund. The rest of the year I won't be able to contribute as much.
In May I will most likely make 2 purchases.