Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May Recap

I won't have internet access for the next few days so I'm going to go ahead and post this now.  I'm driving up to Michigan for a few weeks of leave then I fly to South Korea.  I'm looking forward to it!

New Purchases:
1) 24 shares ConocoPhillips providing $63.36 annual income.  COP was purchased at $53.07/share + commission.
2) 16 shares Toronto-Dominion (TD) providing about $46.08 annual income.  TD was purchased at $80.315/share + commission.
3) 13 shares McDonald's (MCD) providing $36.40 annual income.  I paid $91.935/share + commission for MCD.
4) 60 shares Linn Energy (LINE) providing $174.00 annual income.  Line was bought at $37.18/share + commission.
5) 45 shares Owens & Minor (OMI) providing $39.60 annual income.  OMI was purchased at $27.72/share + commission.

Sales:
1) 53 shares TC Pipelines (TCP) reducing my annual income by $163.24.  I sold at $41.49/share.

Dividends Received: $386.95
AT&T (T) - $80.52
General Mills (GIS) - $21.52
Raytheon (RTN) - $28.50
Abbott Laboratories (ABT) - $27.54
Exchange Income Corp (EIFZF) - $17.04
Procter & Gamble (PG) - $44.04
Realty Income Preferred Series F (O-PF) - $6.76
TC Pipelines (TCP) - $40.81
Boardwalk Pipelines (BWP) - $91.06
LTC Properties (LTC) - $29.16  (I'm including LTC even though it pays tomorrow)

Dividend Increases:
1) PEP: $.515 to $.5375 per quarter.  $7.20 annually
2) SBSI: 60.497 shares to 64.497 shares. $3.20 annually
3) INTC: $.21 to $.225 per quarter.  $7.92 annually
4) HNZ: $.48 to $.515 per quarter.  $3.36 annually

New Deposits:
$810 in May.  $300 to ROTH IRA, $510 to taxable account.  I spent $170 on a plane ticket, $45 on an oil change, and $548 on a new computer.  My finances will be unpredictable in June since I'll be on leave and moving to my new duty station.

Options/Bonus:
-4 shares SBSI from the stock split.
-18 shares PSX from the spinoff.


Wow, May was extremely busy for both my investments and personal life.  The highlight of my month was high fiving Danica Patrick before the Coca Cola 600 last weekend.  I also made it on TV!  I went to the race in uniform as part of the Memorial Day theme.  It was awesome!  NASCAR fans love soldiers, it was a great experience.  I'm switching duty stations which couldn't have come at a better time.  North Carolina is way too hot in the summer for my taste.

I'm glad to see gas prices are low at the moment.  I have a 850 mile drive ahead of me plus I'm going to put a limit order in for CVX.  We'll see if it gets filled, but I won't get to check for a bit.

6 comments:

  1. Have a safe PCS. Looks like you made some nice purchases. I especially like MCD. Any word yet on what the annual dividend for PSX will be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I made it to my leave destination safe and sound. I enjoyed the drive through a bunch of cities I haven't seen in a long time. Brings back memories.

      I read PSX will be paying $.20/quarter in an investor presentation before the spinoff.

      Delete
  2. Hey CI,

    Whats brings you to South Korea? I actually live in South Korea teaching English in Daegu. I'm guessing you are coming to one of the many US military bases here to work? The US Military has quite a presence here. Have a safe flight. I recommend you bring a good book on the plane.

    P.S. I really like your MCD, and TD picks.

    -Shawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawn,

      Yes I'm military. I'll have to bring a lot of reading materials, it's going to be a long trip. I missed the sell off last Friday, but I am thinking of buying more MCD and TD. It will be interesting to see what happens on Monday!

      Delete
  3. Hi CI,

    Congrats on a great month. You made some sizable purchases in May with some solid companies. I will have to take a look at LINE with a high yield and being a natural gas play. I picked up some additional COP and initiated a position in CVX myself.

    I hope you have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I put in a limit order for CVX before I left, but it wasn't executed. Right now I'm thinking of snatching up CVX, MCD, TD, APD, or EMR. Tough choice! LINE has been butchered pretty bad in price since I bought it. Might be a good time to buy...

      Delete