Unfortunately I didn't win the Mega Millions jackpot worth over $600 million yesterday. Luckily my backup plan is working well. In March I purchased two positions; my portfolio now consists of 24 dividend growth stocks + one fixed income position. The stock market continues to fly high which makes finding bargain stocks difficult. I've been slowly investing my cash as I expect to receive a yearly bonus the end of April or early May.
1) 49 shares Realty Income Preferred Series F (O-PF) providing $81.12 annual income. O-PF was purchased at $25.46/share + commission.
2) 13 shares McDonald's (MCD) providing $36.40 annual income. MCD was purchased at $95.92/share + commission.
3) .497 shares Southside Bancshares (SBSI) providing $.36 annual income. This was a dividend reinvestment.
Dividends Received: $283.25
Intel (INTC) - $27.72
ConocoPhillips (COP) - $23.76
Emerson Electric (EMR) - $11.20
Chevron (CVX) - $23.49
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - $22.80
Exchange Income Corp (EIFZF) - $17.38
Southside Bancshares (SBSI) - $10.80
Avista (AVA) - $30.16
Unisource Energy (UNS) - $45.58
Pepsi (PEP) - $41.20
LTC Properties (LTC) - $29.16
1) RTN: $.43 to $.50 per quarter. $15.96 annually
2) SBSI: $.18 to $.20 per quarter. $4.84 annually
$860 in March. $300 added to ROTH IRA, $560 added to taxable account. Once again I'm under budget, this blog is helping me keep on track with my spending. I had a lot of unusual expenses including $12 for a pan, $33 for a shirt, $5 for sewing, $10 to fix a flat tire, and the rest of misc expenses going to taxes. I had to dip into my emergency fund to pay taxes, I will replenish the money in the coming months. It should be squared away by May.
None, however I am thinking of selling a covered call on INTC. INTC is now yielding less than 3%. Pretty crazy o.O
I expect to make 1 or 2 purchases in April, we'll see.